I have been writing this blog for over two years now and I have shared very little about me. In my last post I shared that I have been less than inspired in my writing. So today I am going to share 7Seven Things that I am working on right now, these are in no particular order.
1. Creating/Crafting – I am currently working on a project for myself, though I do have an Etsy site the link is below. I love creating things. Unfortunately my passion for creating has dwindled in recent years and my creations feel stale. So I have decided to only start projects I feel connected to, I love quilting but haven’t done it in a few years and I have never done an applique quilt. That is my current project a quilt for myself to practice and learn applique quilting. I plan on including a picture in a future post.
2. Beauty Consultant – Honestly this is where I feel the most uncomfortable which is hysterical
because I have LOVED make up since I was a teen. I have been selling Avon for 17 years and Mary Kay for 2 months. I find these types of businesses to be the hardest because there is no Storefront, I have worked in retail for the last 18 years and I am great at merchandising a store and telling customers what I love about the products in my store. This just feels different, I have to reach out to people, customers are not just walking into my business already interested in what I am selling. I have played with making videos but so far I haven’t liked any of them.
A lot of people ask why I would start selling Mary Kay when I sell Avon, but these two companies are so different and offer so many different items. I am including links to both websites.
Avon sells Makeup, Skin Care, Health and Beauty items like toothpaste and deodorant, Clothing, Jewelry, Fragrance, and so much more. I absolutely love every dress I have from Avon.
Mary Kay focuses on Makeup, Skin Care, and Fragrance. Both offer amazing products that I love, I am allergic to so many things that it is hard for me to find makeup and skin care that I can use.
3. Children’s Church – I am currently the Director of Children’s Ministries at my church. This has been one of the most amazing blessings that I have had in my life. I have always loved working with kids but it was not something I necessarily expected to be doing. I just love seeing Jesus and the Bible through their eyes, watching them gain understanding and growing in relationship with Jesus. Jesus said “Let the little children come to me.” in Matthew 19:14. So many times children are talked over and left in the background, but God has a plan and purpose for each of them. I hope that God will continue using me to encourage them to grow in the gifts God has given them to walk boldly in their relationship with God.
4. Genealogy – I am currently working on a BIG project that may be bigger than I anticipated. I had decided last year that I would create a 2 Volume Book set of my families Genealogy. 1 Volume for my Mom’s and 2nd Volume for my Dad’s. I thought this would be a great thing to leave to future generations as well as share with my family. The intention was to have them “published” by Christmas so I could give them to my siblings. (I am sure they will not read this so I’m safe) However I don’t know if I can complete even 1 by Christmas and the 2 Volume set may need to be 4 Volumes. I am finding such interesting things that I want to include.
5. Writing/Reading – This is something that I have put on the back burner for awhile but it is so important to me. I LOVE writing stories and at any given time I have a story playing in my head like a movie. I create stories to songs on the radio, things I see going on around me, and stories to give a better ending in my opinion to other people’s stories. My problem is for all of the stories I write in my head I have very little time to actually write them down. With writing comes reading I love reading as you know from past posts. I feel like the more I read the better I write, not just stories but reviews.
6. My Day Job – Honestly I don’t want to talk about my job that provides the week to week paychecks. I am an Assistant Store Manager at an unnamed store, this is a job not a calling or passion as many of the things above are. I enjoy several aspects of the job, but still dream of other things, however until those other things bare fruit my Day Job is where I spend most of my time.
7. Remodeling/Designing – I love reimagining things and right now my home needs a lot done so my reimagining is beginning to reveal itself in remodeling projects for my home. Currently this may be what I am truly most excited/nervous about.