1. Lack of inspiration- 2 years ago I would read a book, watch a movie, or just be reminded of something I enjoyed and immediately know exactly what I wanted to write about it. All I had to do was open my laptop and start typing, for anyone who has read my blogs you know that I usually just start writing and do not even worry about editing until after the article is published. Just say what I want to say and let it go out into the open spaces in the internet. More recently I have been so busy with my day job and weekend job that I don’t feel inspired to write anything. I read books that I love but… nothing inspires me to write an article about it.
2. Time – It typically doesn’t take that much time for me to write a 7Seven Things To Say article, but without a inspired idea I just don’t have the time to go out of my way and find a subject.
3. Overwhelmed by others opinions – right now it feels like everyone is shouting their opinions, which is honestly great. The right to voice our opinions is important, but with all of the noise I can’t even hear my own opinion right now. This point probably has more to do with inspiration, but maybe this time is the time for me to listen and not speak.
4. I have been doing a lot more re-reading and re-watching lately – I have on several occasions found inspiration to go back to former blog posts and re-write/edit, but that feels like cheating and not really writing.
5. I have been making video Children’s Church Lessons and basically V-logging. So much of my creative energy has gone into the videos, that I haven’t painted, written, or even really crafted in months.
6. I need a theme, subject, inspiration… I know I said inspiration already but for any writer or creator that is the beginning. I just don’t know what to write about or what to say?.?.?.?.
7. My whole world is WORK- I am the Assistant Store Manager at a college bookstore, Children’s Pastor, Avon Lady, and more recently a Mary Kay rep. I am currently only making $ by doing the first item on that list. Several times I have thought about writing a makeup article or even doing makeup vlogs but that doesn’t feel like me. I find no inspiration in Make up and honestly though I enjoy make up and glamour it’s just not my passion.
So what is next? I don’t know but the fact that I was able to write this gives me HOPE that I am not completely blocked. Inspiration is just around the corner, maybe I just need to reevaluate what I want to talk about.