I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction out of the miry bog and set my feet up on rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required. Then I said, Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.
- It can be hard to patiently wait on the Lord, what are mere moments to him are years of waiting for us. However because we know that God is good and His plans are good, we can trust(hope) in the times of waiting.
- Life with God is lived on the rock, he is our foundation. Even when everything FEELS out of control and wishy-washy, we need to remember that he is a steady foundation that is secure.
- When we take our eyes off of our situation or circumstance and look at Jesus, we can see His hope. There is something so peaceful in that moment when we make it about Jesus and not ourselves, it produces a new song of praise.
- Sometimes we allow the world to define us, we allow others, or even ourselves to tear us down with lies. When we allow God to define us we are blessed, trusting and hoping in Jesus leads to peace and understanding in difficult times.
- When we keep our eyes on Jesus we can’t help but share our love for Him with others, even when our words feel like they are not enough to show His glory.
- There are times when we go to God and prayer and we feel unworthy, or burdensome. Sometimes we feel that God is tired of hearing from us, however that isn’t the case God wants to hear about our struggles and our victories. When we walk with Him he carries us through all of them and he wants us to trust Him through them. When we trust someone we tell them what is going on in our lives, hearts, and mind; it should be the same with God. If we trust God we should take the time to talk to Him.
- In that same thought, when we love someone or trust them we remember their words and we love spending time with them. God’s Word is the bread of life, it is filled with the nutrients we need to survive. When we are hungry and desperate, we can open the Bible and read God’s Word and instantly be filled with new energy for our life.