2018 was a year filled with some amazing books, in Christian Fiction I was introduced to some great new authors. In this list I have 7seven books that stand out in my mind.
- More Than Meets the Eye– The Hamiltons are a family who stick close to each other, Zach has always been the provider. Logan comes to town for justice for his family and revenge against Zach Hamilton. This book is filled with redemption, love, acceptance, and family. This is the first in her new series (Patchwork Family)
- The Heart between us- This is a great read, for anyone in the midst of transition it holds a lot of inspiration; and anyone who just wants a really great read about sisters, friendship, and love.
- Falling For You- In this book we follow Willow Bradford as she is thrown together with her ex-boyfriend Corbin. Willow is a professional model and Corbin is retired from the NFL.
- The Weavers Daughter- this book follows Kate as she decides what true family loyalty is. In a town where the industrial revolution is changing the fabric industry, tensions are high. When Henry Stockton comes home from war alive to the family and town that already mourned him, he doesn’t know who to trust. Kate Dearborne has been told to stay away from the wealthy Stockton’s all her life, but Henry Stockton seems to be willing to make the changes needed.
- The Lost Castle- Kristy tells the story of a French castle called The Sleeping Beauty, the story is told through 3 women one from the late 1700s, one from WWII, and one from present day. These women are connected in many ways, that is revealed through each of their stories. The descriptions take you into their worlds in a way that few authors can accomplish, this book is worth the read.
- Murder at the Flamingo- This is a fun book…murder mystery and all. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more in this series. I want to make it clear this is not a love story, there is attraction and maybe a budding romance, but it is not a love story. It is a friendship story, a trust story, and a story of loyalty.
- A Song Unheard- Willa is a thief, period, she was abandoned as a child and had to make it in London on her own; until she found a family in others like herself. Now she has to deal with her found family changing, she doesn’t like it, but she has a job to do. She takes a job working for a shady man in the British Government during WWI, as long as he pays she doesn’t really care why he has hired her. Willa is observant, subtle, calculating, and oh yeah, by the way she is a violin prodigy as well.
If you haven’t read any of the titles in this list I urge you to give one a try.