Primrose Cottage is my home, someday I will share the story of how it got its name. Today however I would like to share the 7seven most special items that make Primrose cottage ready for Christmas. We all have special things that make our home feel like home, these are a few things that make my home feel like Christmas.
Unfortunately these are not the best pictures, I had technical difficulties this morning.
1. This is a carved nativity that was given to our family in the 1980s and that I love so much it has to stay out all year round.
2. These are Christmas Music boxes given to me by my Paternal Grandmother. One is a Victorian house with a snowman and a Christmas Train that goes around it. The other is a Teddy bear that spins on top of Santa’s bag while another Teddy bear sits beside the bag and yet another peaks out the side.
3. This is the Sugar Plum Fairy that my Mom got me for Christmas when I was 5 years old.
4. This is Santa in a car with a driver. This sits under our Christmas tree, and has as long as I can remember. This was my Dads I don’t know the history but we are not done decorating for Christmas until this gets placed under the tree.
5. This is a Christmas card sent for a WWII soldier to his little sister. There are no names just nicknames but it is extremely special. This was found when cleaning out our storage 20 years ago. My Mom had decided to get rid of several picture frames so I was going through them and found this card. She had gotten this frame from a garage sale in the 1970s and had no idea where and who she bought it from.
6. This is the formal Nativity Scene that my Mom bought in the early to mid 80s that gets set on our piano every year.
7. These 3 are like the Santa in the Car, they sit under our Christmas tree every year. This year they are sitting next to the train around the base of our tree. They were my Dads he had quite the Santa collection as a little boy.