I have been lucky enough to get a sneak peak of some of the new picture books coming out September/October 2018. I have decided to take my favorite 7seven and review them here.
- Anne Arrives– Adapted by Kallie George and Pictures by Abigail Halpin Let me first say that this book is full of the most beautiful illustrations. This is a adaptation of Anne of Green Gables, telling the story of Anne coming to Green Gables and getting to stay. It is a must for any fan or a great introduction to a future fan of Anne. This is released September 25, 2018.
- Goodnight Anne– By Kallie George and Pictures by Genevieve Godbout- This book was inspired by Anne of Green Gables and it follows Anne as she says goodnight to her world, before going to sleep. I read this after Anne Arrives, and honestly when I first saw the cover I thought ‘I am not going to like these illustrations as much as Anne Arrives.” Then I opened the story and fell inside, these illustrations flow with Anne’s imagination beautifully. If you are a fan of Anne of Green Gables plan to by these two picture books on September 25, 2018.
- Anna at the Art Museum– By Hazel Hutchins & Gail Herbert and Illustrated by Lil Crump– Anna and her mother are visiting an art museum and Anna is extremely BORED. Every time she tries to entertain herself the museum attendant or her mom stop her, until she is introduced to a room where artists are working to restore art. The magic of art is revealed to Anna and it follows her throughout the rest of the museum and outside. This book introduces some great art pieces and artists to kids, this is a must read picture book before a trip to an art museum. This book will be released September 11, 2018
- Sleep, Sheep!–By Kerry Sparrow and Illustrations by Guillaume Perreault- Duncan likes everything about bedtime except SLEEP. Normally he prolongs bedtime by asking his mother for multiple things, but one night he goes to his bedroom and he finds everything he could ever ask for ready and waiting. Now he has no excuse to stay awake, but he is NOT SLEEPY! His mother tells him to count sheep, so he does and just when it starts to work sheep 68 NEEDS something. This is such a fun bedtime book, I love the story and the illustrations. This book comes out October 2, 2018.
- I Am Small-by Qin Leng- I love all picture books and understand that not all storytellers can illustrate their own works, but when the author also illustrates it is absolutely magical. This story is cute about a little girl Mimi who is too small to do anything, her friends try to make her feel better. In the end she does discovers a new BIG title, Big Sister. The illustrations are my favorite thing about this book. This book is released October 2, 2018.
- Rosie’s Glasses– By Dave Whamond– This book is a true picture book, using only the illustrations to tell the story. It starts with Rosie walking around in her day and life with a gray cloud above her head, seeing everything in black and white. Until one day she sees a colorful butterfly and finds these colorful glasses, when she puts them she sees a whole new colorful world. This is a great book with very detailed and beautiful illustrations. This book will be released September 4, 2018
- The Missing Bouncy Ball– By Misty Kenison– This book follows Detective Fox and Goat as they look for Emma’s bouncy ball. The detectives find all kinds of balls, but none are Emma’s bouncy ball. This is a great book for kids learning shapes, colors, and size. This was my least favorite of the 7seven, but I still enjoyed it. This book will be released September 28, 2018
There are some great picture books coming out in Fall of 2018, this is just a list of 7seven to be excited about.