When it comes to dream interpretation I am both intrigued and suspicious. Some dreams have meanings, and some are the consequence of the movie we watched before going to sleep. When I received this new book on Biblical Dream Interpretation I had to read it right away.
This blog will be a little different, I am going to pick 7 things to look up in this dictionary and give the interpretation and scripture found.
- Tornado- What is the color?
- white/brilliant: a storm from God that tears down or takes up (Proverbs 10:25; Isaiah 40:24; 66:15; Jeremiah 4:13; 23:19; Ezekiel 1:4; 13:13-15; Nahum 1:3)
- Black: destructive, from the enemy (see Proverbs 1:27; Isaiah 5:28; 21:1
- # 70,000- Carriers (See 2 Chronicles 2:2,18)
- He conscripted 70,000 men as carriers… 2 Chronicles 2:2
- Yard- area you have authority over (see 2 Kings 9:27)
- I found this an interesting reference for the dream interpretation.
- Motorcycle- individual work or ministry
- Walking- direction you are going; reaching others one on one
- Raven- Provision from God (see 1 Kings 17:4-6; Matthew 6:25-27; Luke 12:24)
- Park- restful place; God’s provision
This book is laid out well, it explains the type of dreams and meanings of each type. The dictionary is divided by subjects making it very easy to find what you are looking for. I did find that several of the terms I looked for were not included, but I was also surprised at how much was included.
To be fair I didn’t get a lot out of the interpretations, honestly the scripture references for the most part just showed where those items were listed in the Bible. I do think that if someone is interested in dream interpretation, this would be a good book to read.