As a fan of Historical Fiction set in the Regency Era, I have been reading Sarah Ladd’s books since her first book “The Heiress of Winterwood” was published in 2013.
Here are my 7Seven things about Sarah Ladd..
- Sarah’s newest book “The Weaver’s Daughter” came out May 26, 2018, it follows Kate as she decides what true family loyalty is. In a town where the industrial revolution is changing the fabric industry, tensions are high. When Henry Stockton comes home from war alive to the family and town that already mourned him, he doesn’t know who to trust. Kate Dearborne has been told to stay away from the wealthy Stockton’s all her life, but Henry Stockton seems to be willing to make the changes needed.
- Sarah’s first book series is Whispers on the Moors, when I read the first book “The Heiress of Winterwood” it was entertaining, predictable, fun, and fluffy. I continued reading the series and I am so glad that I did, “A Lady at Willowgrove Hall” the third and final book in the series was my favorite! I have not only reread the entire series a couple of times but I have also listened to the audio books multiple times.
- Her next series is Treasures of Surrey, I enjoyed all three books in this series. The first book “The Curiosity Keeper” is most definitely my favorite of the three. I do look forward to rereading this series as much as I did her first.
- Between her two book series and her newest book Sarah Ladd has published 7 books in the last 5 years.
- Since I have been following her books since the beginning I have enjoyed watching her writing grow. Each book has become less predictable in its mystery, and even though the love stories are still predictable I find comfort in that. I think the balance of comfort and entertainment while still delivering surprises in the story is a hard balance and Sarah Ladd has found that balance.
- Though she does have two series all of her books could be read as stand alones.
- Fans of Julie Klassen, Lori Wick, and Karen Witemeyer’s writing styles would enjoy Sarah Ladd’s books. I would suggest starting with her newest!!!