- Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe by Jo Hackl- This book is about a little girl whose Dad has passed away and Mom abandoned her.
- Cricket is determined to get her mother back, she will be back in town in 11 days for the reveal of Cricket’s Grandmother’s headstone. Cricket has been living with her Aunt not by blood and she discovers her Aunt is sending her away to live with another relative.
- Cricket rescues and actual cricket in the grocery store and decides to go into the woods in search of a magical room her mother had seen years ago.
- With the help of her Dad’s old guidebook, and while living in the woods Cricket and her cricket Charlene discover clues that lead them on a journey.
- Not only do we get the story of Cricket’s adventure but we also get flashbacks to when Cricket was with both of her parents.
- Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe was compared to “Three Times Lucky” which I love for its humor and family. Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe made me sad, there was humor and hope, but not enough to out weigh the loneliness for me.
- What this book felt like was a great Prologue, I hope there is another book, I would love to read what adventures Cricket goes on after this story.
This book is released July 10, 2018